Top Five Reasons to Spread:
- You don’t have to rely on snowfall to spread.
- 3:1 Ratio On average, you can spread 3 times for every 1 plowing event.
- Faster A parking lot that takes 1 hour to plow can take 10 minutes to spread.
- Bottom Line. You can make more money spreading than you can plowing!
- More than 1,000,000 slip-and-fall accidents each year.
- 300,000 are disabling.
- 12,000 die (2nd only to auto accidents).
- The majority of these lead to lawsuits and the last thing any business needs is a lawsuit.
- Businesses will cut expenses, but they’ll rarely choose to increase liability. They need you!
3. Unlimited Potential
Where is spreading needed?
- Commercial Complexes
- Office Buildings
- Shopping Centers
- Bridge Decks
Any area that is exposed to pedestrians and ice is a potential market.
4. Natural Fit with Plowing
- If you already plow, the investment to start spreading is minimal.
- Provide your current clients with more value.
- Be a one-stop shop for winter maintenance services.
- Get more out of your truck.
5. Contractor Liability
- Like it or not If you plow, you share some of your customer’s liability.
- Offering spreading services can lower your liability and keep lawyers out of your pockets!
*Tip Make sure that both your spreading and plowing services share the same contract. Provide a space for your customer to sign if they choose not to take advantage of your spreading services. This helps reduce your liability by providing proof that your spreading services were at least offered to a client and that he or she declined.
BACK TO SNOWEX PAGE